The Santa Soul Train is a community festival in Minami Sanriku, Tohoku on 17 Dec, 2017 that will bring over 500 survivors and 50 volunteers together - from Tokyo, Sendai, Nagoya, Yamagata, Aomori, the USA, the UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, Italy and more - to celebrate what it means to be empowered.
The Santa Soul Train holiday reunion is one in a series of community workshops and events held by Place To Grow for children and families recovering from earthquakes and disasters. Every year at Christmas we bring these stockings to post-disaster neighborhoods, and help host an international festival.
Last year Place to Grow delivered 1,2000 stockings up and down the coast near Minami Sanriku in 13 locations in 5 cities. This year they are asking for 1,500 stockings and cards for community events in both Fukushima and Miyagi.
1. Remind 1,000 survivors of 3.11 that they are not alone
2. Host 2 inspiring holiday themed community festivals in Tohoku: Miyagi + Fukushima
3. Connect 1,000 international school students to 1,500 survivor children across Japan
4. Create 100 inspired volunteers
5. Facilitate 6 Cycling Santas to hand deliver 1,000 stockings to survivor children
6. Raise ¥3,000,000
For more information please visit: http://www.placetogrow-ngo.org/santa-soul-train-2017/#ssl2017