The 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM), including elections for Executive Councillors for 2018-2020 for the Australian and New Zealand Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ANZCCJ) will be held 6:00-8:00 PM on 13 November 2018 at the Australian Embassy Tokyo (map). Cost will be 3,000 JPY to cover the venue and light refreshments.
Nominations for Executive Councillors
The ANZCCJ strategic leadership and oversight is provided by the Executive Council (EC), consisting of 12 Councillors. Nominations are now open for seven  Executive Councillor positions for the two-year term 2018-2020.
For those wishing to nominate someone for the EC, please complete the Nomination Form and send it to the Executive Director, Judith Hanna by email (email@example.com). Please note, each nomination requires two individual ANZCCJ Members’ support (a nominator and a secondary supporter), members cannot self-nominate. The nomination should also be agreed to and signed by the nominee. Nominations will close at 5:00 PM on Tuesday 6 November 2018.
Candidates will be required to provide a brief bio and up-to-date photo of themselves as well as a written self-introduction stating their objectives for the ANZCCJ if elected.
The newly elected Councillors will join the EC Councillors from 2017-2019 who will continue to be on the EC for the next year, namely: Andrew Gauci, Catherine O’Connell, Clovis Peryer, Kohei Tsushima, and Tracy Whiriskey.
The Executive Council and Role of the Councillor
The Executive Council is the governing body of the ANZCCJ. As a group, the Executive Council determines the Chamber’s policies and priorities and oversees its financial affairs. The main roles and responsibilities of an Executive Councillor include:
- Furthering the Chamber’s core mission, setting key strategic objectives and ensuring activities align with that over time;
- Helping the ANZCCJ deliver real value for its members, as well as outreach to new and potentially beneficial members to the current ANZCCJ membership;
- Being a senior representative for the ANZCCJ, attending ANZCCJ events and meetings;
- Actively participating in or chairing one or more ANZCCJ committees or working groups that deal with specific issues or initiatives, acting as a liaison between the Executive Council and that Committee/working group. This initiative will draw from the EC members’ strengths and skills, align with their current profession or interests, and provide further learning and development opportunities;
- Acting as MC or moderator at events, particularly those related to the Committee with which the council member is affiliated; and
- Overseeing the Secretariat’s management of ANZCCJ’s operations.
For further information about the election process, please refer to the ANZCCJ Constitution and Bylaws. If you have any questions, please contact ANZCCJ's Executive Director at Judith.Hanna@anzccj.jp or 03-4400-2972.
2018 AGM Meeting Agenda
- Chair's report
- Treasurer's report
- Other business
- Questions from the membership
- Election of 2018-2020 Executive Council